...teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Col. 3:16, 17

Monday, April 7, 2008

flag page

Travis and I just did something fun together to help better our marriage and I thought I would pass along the "fun." We saw a speaker a couple of months ago who has been a great encouragement to us and how we understand each other and what our true heart motivators are. He has you check off characteristics about yourself and then you have to rate their importance. He organizes it onto a flag page which then tells you what happens when your best traits combine and also when your worst ones combine. He offers materials to buy to help further understand yourself and your significant other. It's fun to learn more about your mate and where their heart is, because sometimes it's hard to see, especially if he/she is like mine-quiet. So I encourage anyone, married or not to check this out.
http://www.laughyourway.com/
or
http://www.flagpage.com/

Can anyone guess what my top motivators are?

2 comments:

Heather said...

O.K. Well, I went to both websites and I couldn't see a flag page without buying one so I have to guess what your top motivators are...Umm,Umm,Ummmmm....spending time TALKING? Or LISTENING (for Travis)?? And if that's not right then my guess is Acts of Service or quality time (I know that's from the 5 love languages but I thought I'd give it a whirl)

joyinchaos said...

Pretty good! He calls it "Inspirational"-impact lives and make a difference and "thrives on encouragement"- nurture, build up and believe; "sincere at heart" thoughtful, genuine, compassionate to others; "loves people"-needs to be around people(that's a shocker)
Yeah, sorry I didn't mention you have to pay for the page, but it is pretty cheap, I think like $10 per person.