
We had an amusing time watching Oliver tonight attend a safety class held by the ATA martial arts. Before I tell the story I will say he has never done anything or gone to any function outside of the home besides sunday school. Anyway, the class was to teach kids how to defend themselves if a stranger ever tried to abduct them. They broke the kids off into 4 stations to learn how to hit the predator in the soft tissue points of the body. (Very interesting for women to know as well)
Oliver was hilarious. It's like he was taking the class from an instructor who spoke only Japanese. He was clueless to commands as simple as "put your feet together" or "go to the back of the line when your through" he couldn't even catch on to how to keep the line moving when he managed to get in-line. Travis and I were laughing so hard we were crying.
Who was this child?
Who are his parents?
Where did he come from?
And Travis asked me why I hadn't taught him how to stand in line before, well.. let me think.. oh yeah, why would we ever need to stand in line at home?
It was a little embarassing to be truthful, but that's just pride, there's nothing wrong with him and we know the more he's in the situation he'll catch on to the routine.
But again, another moment not captured on camera to share the memories down the road.
Oliver was hilarious. It's like he was taking the class from an instructor who spoke only Japanese. He was clueless to commands as simple as "put your feet together" or "go to the back of the line when your through" he couldn't even catch on to how to keep the line moving when he managed to get in-line. Travis and I were laughing so hard we were crying.
Who was this child?
Who are his parents?
Where did he come from?
And Travis asked me why I hadn't taught him how to stand in line before, well.. let me think.. oh yeah, why would we ever need to stand in line at home?
It was a little embarassing to be truthful, but that's just pride, there's nothing wrong with him and we know the more he's in the situation he'll catch on to the routine.
But again, another moment not captured on camera to share the memories down the road.
2 comments:
I think Isaac learned how to stand in line & walk in line this year while in AWANA and Kindermusik. Why would you teach your child that at home?!?
If it makes Travis feel better, I will start a new RULE for when the kids are at my house...They must stand in line (does it count if there are only two?) I suppose we could try to get Eva and Thatcher to join in as well. And they must march around in a circle (in line) 3x before I will give them a snack. And I may throw in random commands like "If you want to drink water you must stand on one leg, with your feet together" There, now he'll for sure be ready!
Nah, that's way too much work!
Oh, and my vote is for Emerson and Sebastian. Actually I would vote for all of them over and over again but it wouldn't let me. I tried!
Post a Comment