...teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Col. 3:16, 17

Monday, March 31, 2008

joy in chaos

I thought I might explain my blog name a little bit. Finding my joy in my chaotic world is something I have been struggling with lately. I didn't always know I was lacking it, but recently God has shown me through various quiet times with Him, other moms, and random stories of people finding joy in every situation. I am trying to find joy in the little things I do everyday:



getting breakfast for my two little angels (they just woke up so they haven't had time to do anything naughty), playing the same thing over and over everyday-usually dino's and cars(thank you Jesus I can play with them at all), listening to my 4 year old Oliver talk non-stop about anything and everything (at least he wants to talk to me) washing the dishes, making meals for my family, and all of the unrecognized things a mom does. But especially in the times where everything seems to be going wrong all at once, kids crying, screaming, fighting over toys, messes everywhere, you know the drill. Where is my joy?


This is my ministry and I can't wait for something bigger to come along. I am the only Jesus my children will know growing up. Will they see the joy I claim to have?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great blog name, I can totally relate. I love the pictures too. I believe being a mother and raising children is the greatest ministry I will ever have. I keep reminding myself that no matter what else I do in life, I will never have more influence then I do in the lives of my own children.